Etymology 1Abbreviated form of demonstration.
- Plural of demo.
Etymology 2From ‘the people’.
Demos may refer to:
- Demos, a rhetorical term for the population of an ancient Greek state
- Deme or Demoi, the term for an ancient subdivision of Attica, Greece
- Demos/Demoi, the name for a specific type of subdivision or municipality in modern Greece; an administrative area covering a city or several villages together
- Demos (UK think tank), London based public policy research organisation and publisher
- Demos (U.S. think tank), a non-partisan public policy research and advocacy organization
- Eindhovense Studentenvereniging Demos, a student association in Eindhoven, Netherlands
- DEMOS, a Soviet Unix-like operating system
- Democratic Opposition of Slovenia, DEMOS coalition, Slovenia
- Demos Commander, an Orthodox File Manager for Unix-like systems
demos in Modern Greek (1453-): Δήμος (αποσαφήνιση)
demos in Russian: Демос